1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2. INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH PAWOMICS
We collect and process your information when you place an order, create an account, complete health surveys, post on our Forums or use other messaging features such as email and newsletters, live chat and when you contact Customer Care. This information can generally be categorized as Registration Information, Self-Reported Information, and/or User Content as defined in our full Privacy Statement.
3. INFORMATION FROM OUR DNA KITS
With your consent, we extract your dogs’ DNA from dog’s saliva/feces/urine/skin/hair sample and analyze it to produce Genetic Information in order to provide you with Pawomics reports.
4. USAGE OF INFORMATION
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide our Service, which includes processing payments, shipping kits to customers, creating customer accounts and authenticating logins, analyzing saliva samples and DNA, and delivering results and powering tools like DNA Relatives.
- To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new reports, tools, and Services. We may also need to fix bugs or issues, analyze use of our website to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
- For research. Pawomics researchers can only include your pet’s de-identified Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information in a large pool of aggregated data for analyses aimed at making scientific discoveries. Pawomics may contact your to seek your permission for use of your pet’s individual samples and information to participate in a specific Research Project. In any case your personal information such as name, address and contact details will never be shared without your express written permission.
- For marketing. Pawomics provides links and passes to third party sites. The use of your information by these third party sites is not within the control of Pawomics and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
4. ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
- With our service providers, including nutrition specialists and our genotyping laboratory, as necessary for them to provide their services to us.
- With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent.
Pawomics will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- We do not share customer data with any public databases.
- We will not provide any person’s or pet’s data to an insurance company or employer.
- We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant for Personal Information.
5. SECURING INFORMATION
Pawomics implements strict measures and systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Pawomics data.
- De-identification/Pseudonymization, encryption, and data segmentation. Registration Information is stripped from Sensitive Information, including genetic and phenotypic data. This data is then assigned a random ID so the person who provided the data cannot reasonably be identified. Pawomics uses industry standard security measures to encrypt sensitive personal data both when it is stored (data-at-rest) and when it is being transmitted (data-in-flight). Additionally, data are segmented across logical database systems to further prevent re-identifiability.
- Limiting access to essential personnel. We limit access of information to authorized personnel, based on job function and role. Pawomics access controls include multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, and a strict least-privileged authorization policy.
- Detecting threats and managing vulnerabilities. Pawomics uses state of the art intrusion detection and prevention measures to stop any potential attacks against its networks. We have integrated continuous vulnerability scanning in our build pipeline and regularly engage third party security experts to conduct penetration tests.
In using this website, you agree to be bound by terms of this Disclaimer. If you do not accept the terms of this Disclaimer, you must refrain from using this website. This Disclaimer must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of this website. This Disclaimer supersedes all prior agreements in relation to use of this website and we reserve the right to revise this Disclaimer from time to time without notice. Any such changes will be posted on this website. Your continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of the variation of this Disclaimer. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Privacy Statement.
You agree that you must use this website in accordance with the terms of this Disclaimer and that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose or to facilitate any such unlawful purpose. You must not violate, attempt to violate, degrade the security systems of or “hack” this website. “Hack” means gaining control of, denying access to or unauthorised access to this website (including using another member’s username and password), causing malicious damage or interference with this website’s operations and includes: mail bombing; propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious code; deliberate attempts to overload a computer system; broadcast attacks or any other method designed to damage, degrade or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
In compiling this website we have endeavoured to take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of publication. We take no responsibility for any error or defect within the website or that all of the content provided on the website will be current, complete and accurate and we are not liable to you to the extent that the content on the website is not current, is incorrect or incomplete. The information contained on this website serves as a guide only. We shall not be liable for any accidents, injury, irregularity, loss or damage caused by or arising as a result of your reliance on information contained on this website. Furthermore, the information on this website must not be relied on as a prospectus or a formal support to any capital raising activities and Pawomics shall not be liable to you to the extent of any such reliance. We reserve the right to add, modify or discontinue any of the services offered by us at any time without notice. We will not be held liable for any decision to modify or discontinue a service. Links to third party websites and content are provided for convenience only and are not under our direct control. We are not responsible for, and make no representations in relation to the content of a third party website nor can we guarantee or accept responsibility for their privacy practices. Any links provided on this website to third party websites and content in no way indicates, whether expressly or impliedly, that we endorse that third party website and content.
We neither warrant nor represent that this website will be continuously available and you acknowledge that this website may experience down-time, either scheduled or unscheduled, from time to time. We will endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that this website’s downtime is limited to a reasonable period of time. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you arising (whether directly or indirectly) from this website’s down-time.
Other than for your own individual use, reproduction (whether part or all) of the content on this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only, and the content of this website may not be copied or otherwise shared with any third parties. Without limitation, you agree that you will not print, distribute, display, sell, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate or commercially exploit, in any form or by any method whatsoever, part or all of the contents of the website, or incorporate the website material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website is protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Pawomics or by other parties that have licensed their material to Pawomics. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
To the extent permitted by law, Pawomics excludes all liability for loss or damage suffered by you, (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities) that you may suffer as a result of: • your use or reliance on any information on this website or provided through this website; • you accessing or using this website; • the interrupted, degraded or reduced performance of this website for whatever reason; or • any interruption, suspension or termination of this website for whatever reason.
Pawomics’ exclusion of liability applies whether the claim is in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if Pawomics has been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You agree that our liability to you at law (if any) will be reduced by the extent to which you contributed to the loss. You acknowledge that you are obliged to take all reasonable steps to mitigate such loss.