The fundamentals of health in dogs – similarly to humans – lie in the digestive system, and its proper functioning. For the immune system to work properly, it is essential to have a healthy diet, a proper nutrition intake that meets the dog’s needs, and undisturbed digestion. Disturbances in the digestive system can cause not only mild issues, but also life-threatening conditions, and in a surprisingly short time. A serious malabsorption disorder can cause loss of appetite, malaise and drastic weight loss within weeks, which is a very serious problem for dogs – and especially for puppies. But thanks to revolutionary innovations and the development of science, today the problem can be predicted and, most importantly, it can be prevented.
Meet Pawmoics Gut Health Microbiome DNA Kit
With Pawomics’ uniquely developed at-home DNA kit, you can get an accurate picture of the state of your pet’s digestive system, thereby preventing problems in a targeted way or, if it has already developed, vets will be able to provide targeted treatment.
Gut microbiota compositions are important indicator to the wellbeing of dogs. Pawomics Gut Microbiome Kit allows dog parents to obtain comprehensive report on the microbiota compostions to any dog breeds. Pawomics processing these samples with the human-grade DNA reading technologies and decoding analysis pipeline. Our in-house lab makes it possible for us to have everything under control, and keep data safe.
How to take DNA sample?
Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as it sounds. Pawomics Gut Health Microbiome DNA Kit includes everything you need for taking samples properly. Follow the steps below:
- Collect a small amount of poop from your dog in a plastic bag/cup (check consistency)
- Put on protective gloves, uncap sample tube and put it on a flat surface. Be careful not to spill the transparent stabilizing liquid.
- Open the swab, and carefully break open the poop to reveal the uncontaminated center
- Use the swab and take a small piece of poop
- Put sample in the sample tube and push it into the transparent liquid until the liquid changes colour
- Screw the tube cap back on
- Put the sample tube in the pre-paid envelope and send it back to us
- Well done! Detailed report with the analysis will arrive in 6-8 weeks.
Pawomics At-Home DNA Kits
Meet Pawomics’ DNACARE kits to understand the true needs of our best friends, with identifying their breed, DNA mutation profiles, genome and microbiome health, allowing for the customization of diets, nutrition and care plan.
Click here to learn more about Pawomics’ Dog Genome Kit for DNA Health.